If you have spamdyke installed it may have a timer (greeting-delay-secs=) to inhibit spammers.

On 12/31/2019 2:54 AM, Angus McIntyre wrote:
I'm testing a newly-built mail server, and the tool at:

    https://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx

reports very slow connection and transaction times (approx. 6 seconds and 8 seconds respectively). The server is on a reasonably powerful and very lightly-loaded VM.

Are these times typical? (I notice that my existing server is similarly slow). Does qmailtoaster tarpit incoming connections as an anti-spam measure? Or does this indicate a possible problem somewhere that I ought to fix?

Thanks,

Angus