My guess is that you don't have your ports on the firewall set up. This is
because Webmail tends to use 127.0.0.1 for the imap access.

To test this use telnet from a terminal window on your server on ports 143
and 993 and see if they connect. Try from your client machine. Then if it
does not, try from the server on your external ip address. If that fails,
try 127.0.0.1 from your server.

This will tell you what rule needs to be changed.

I would also suggest only using secure imap access.

--
William Silverstein
Certified Law Student