Ok, found the issue.  My Outlook client was literally deleting all of my
emails.  After it did that, I went out of the inbox and back in and they
all downloaded again.

I still could not get my email on my android to add the account or modify
the account.  I'm able to do it now on my private network in test
environment.  I add with IMAP SSL Accept all Certificates, Outbound is 587
with TLS.

Changing the ip address to the public IP address shouldn't cause any
issues after looking @ the firewall rules.