At 03:47 PM 12/2/2007 -0800, Randall Gellens wrote:
At 4:10 PM -0600 12/2/07, Vic Summerour wrote:

I have used qpopper with Tru64, Digital Unix, OSF/1 for years. Sometime in the not so distant past but I can't remember when or the details of why, I have had to configure with the following:

 ./configure --enable-specialauth --without-pam

Was --enable-specialauth needed?  If you left it off, what happened?

With ./configure only, the following occurs:

./configure
 .
 .
 .
checking for pam_authenticate in -lpam... no
Can't use PAM: can't find libpam

With ./configure --without-pam, it will configure and compile correctly. Attempts to retrieve pop mail results in an invalid password message:

With ./configure --enable-specialauth --without-pam, it will configure correctly, compile, and work.

Currently with Tru64 V5.1A with PK6, I have successfully compiled and run 4.1a4 with the following compiler:

 alpha> cc -V
 Compaq C V6.4-014 on Compaq Tru64 UNIX V5.1A (Rev. 1885)
 Compiler Driver V6.4-215 (sys) cc Driver

Unfortunately, 4.1a5 will not successfully compile based on the same configure. It stop with the error:

 cc -c -I.. -I.. -I. \
                 -I../mmangle -I../common  \
                 -g -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -DOSF1 -DUNIX main.c -o main.o
cc: Error: main.c, line 150: Missing type specifier or type qualifier. (missingtype)
         socklen_t ai_addrlen;
 --------^
 make[1]: *** [main.o] Error 1
 make[1]: Leaving directory `/dsk1/vic/qpopper/qpopper4.1a5/popper'
 make: *** [popper_server] Error 2

This appears to be associated with 4.1a4 to 4.1a5 enhancements associated with ipv6 support. Since Tru 5.1A supports ipv6 even though it is not being used, I tried to configure with:

 ./configure --enable-specialauth --without-pam --enable-ipv6

but that made no difference. By defining INET6 in config.h, 4.1a5 will successfully compile and run.

Do you know in which header file this is normally defined? If it is a missing .h on Tru64, fixing ./configure to add it or add it in the right place might be the proper solution.

For Tru64 5.1A PK6, I could not find INET6 defined in any header file in any of the obvious include directories. I also looked briefly through the Network Programmer's Guide for mention of it without success.

--
Randall Gellens
-------------- Randomly-selected tag: ---------------