Peter.

I think it might help if you were to just rewrite "the requirements"
properly.  I don't have strong opinions on what the solution should be
nor what the requirements should be.  As long as the total number is
small and they are written concisely they will either converge or, if
necessary, we can vote.

On Wed, 2007-08-29 at 23:13 +0200, Peter J. Holzer wrote:
> >       1. A unique ID per message (on one server).
>
> I'd rephrase that as "unique ID per transaction". Not every
> transaction
> results in a message (indeed, on my systems 90+% of transactions don't
> result in a message).

fine ... I was not clear on the distinction and I think the person who
started the thread has already started using "transaction ID"

> >       2. Ability to distinguish per recipient.
>
> I'm not even sure what "per recipient" should mean here. Does it mean
> "per RCPT command", so that a log file looks something like this:

Yes. [ Again I'm not clear but "per RCPT command" was the previous
context I was referring to. ]

--
--gh