On Sat, 9 May 2009, Robert Spier wrote:

Reading through that thread, it looks like the right code to use is
http://www.nntp.perl.org/group/perl.qpsmtpd/2004/07/msg1674.html

Because this is a large change, and the old version is so simple, I
think I'd rather add this as a new plugin, check_spamhelo_fancy or
something.

If the assertion that the existing old simple version is useless is correct, is there much justification for keeping the old simple version?

This is really a namespace issue, I think. Should "check_spamhelo" belong to an old simple ineffective plugin, or a newer, and presumably more useful, one?

[I'm assuming that the new one will be code reviewed and tested, and therefore presumed functional.]

---
Charlie