On Wed, 20 May 2009, J wrote:

> On Wed, 20 May 2009, Charlie Brady wrote:
> > So try:
> >
> > #!/bin/sh
> > exec 2>&1 \
> > exec \
> >         /usr/local/bin/softlimit -m 100000000 \
> >         /usr/bin/perl -T ./qpsmtpd-prefork \
> >         --port 25 \
> >         --port 587 \
> >         --children 30 \
> >         --idle-children 5 \
> >         --renice-parent 5 \
> >         --max-from-ip 10 \
> >         --user smtpd
>
> Looks like I spoke too soon...
>
> I set everything up with the stock config/plugins, and that run file, and
> after I linked qpsmtpd into /service/, it loaded as expected, waiting for
> connections.
>
> However, when I use 'svc' to HUP or bring the service down and then up, I
> get the following error, repeating:
>
> ./run: line 2: exec: exec: not found
>
> The process table shows prefork loading and dying, over and over.

I compared the run file with other run files (i.e. djbdns and qmail) and I
think the problem is with the trailing ' \' on the 2nd line (the first
exec).

When I remove that (and installed a missing Math::BigInt package from
CPAN), everything loads, but complains about an insecure dependency on
line 416 in setpriority (in qpsmtpd-prefork). (And the prefork processes
keep showing up in the process table, and dying.) I expect that this was
tested before being released, so there is probably still something wrong
with my setup :-(

I even reduced the config/plugins file to just:

dont_require_anglebrackets
check_relay
rcpt_ok

Not sure what to try next...