-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Mon, 5 Apr 2010 01:32:41 +0200
> Von: "Ask Bjørn Hansen" <a...@develooper.com>
> An: Steve <steeeeev...@gmx.net>
> CC: qpsmtpd@perl.org
> Betreff: Re: I am probably doing something wrong

> On Apr 1, 2010, at 2:56, Steve wrote:
>
> > Hello list,
> >
> > somehow I don't get a new line separating the mail body from the mail
> headers. How can I enforce a new line between header and body?
> >
> > I am using qpsmtp 0.83 and delivery to maildir.

Hallo Bjørn,

> Can you give an example of the SMTP transaction (the input to the server)
> that gives the unexpected result?

I did a simple transaction over telnet and port 25:
--------------
HELO localhost
MAIL FROM:<f...@domain.tld>
RCPT TO:<t...@domain.tld>
DATA
FROM:<f...@domain.tld>
TO:<t...@domain.tld>
SUBJECT: Just a test
This is a test.
.
[just pressing ENTER here]
RSET
QUIT
--------------

QPSMTPD does not separate the body from the header. Doing the same on a Postfix
SMTPD adds a separate line between the header and the body.

> Which queue plugin do you use?

I use the "maildir" queue plugin. I looked at the "maildir" plugin and it could
use some additional code to add a empty line while writing the body. Should I
modify that code to add that empty line?
Probably no one is going to it the way I have done it above. Probably most
SMTPD servers out there would do it that way (see the new line after "SUBJECT"):
--------------
HELO localhost
MAIL FROM:<f...@domain.tld>
RCPT TO:<t...@domain.tld>