I always provide bug reports where I think Qt/QtC need correction, but
sometimes I like to check the mailing lists first for quick fixes/known issues,
or and this is the big one, other people who are experiencing it but have not
reported it ("me too!" situation)

 :-)

It might be a good idea to get the bug creation reports dumped into the mailing
lists? (Purely for collaborative effect)