Danny Sporea wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I was trying to upgrade the Jambi version on our existing application
> from 4.3.5 to 4.4.3 and I'm having some trouble:
>
> - Some of the buttons to not show the text on them (some only, not all);
> - When opening some dialog windows, the whole application freezes;
> - When opening some other dialog windows with a scrollbar, the
> scrollbar does not work, the dialog scrolls only using the mouse
> wheel, but does not accept any input and the application is frozen also;
> - Right click defined context menus popup, but selecting any option
> freezes the application;
> - I see some errors like the one below in the log when starting the
> application and during browsing through the screens, but does not seem
> to be related to the instances above when the application freezes:
>
> QtJambiInternal.buildMetaData: Writer for property itemEditedId takes
> a type which is incompatible with reader's return type.
>

> Is there any documentation on what exactly was changed in 4.4 and how
> to approach this upgrade ? Is there a way to upgrade or shouldn't I
> bother ?

Care is taken to make Qt Jambi backwards compatible, so it is definitely
not intentional on our side that you are experiencing these problems.
Upgrading should simply be a question of swapping the Qt Jambi .jar
files for the new ones.

I have not seen any of these errors reported before, but given the fact
that they are so severe and disparate, my best guess is that there are
memory corruptions, perhaps due to mixing different versions of the Qt
Jambi native libraries in the same process. If this is the case, it can
give you highly random results. Could you try launching your application
with the command line option

    -Dcom.trolltech.qt.verbose-loading=true

This will print information to your console about which exact libraries
are being loaded by Qt Jambi, and could give us a clue about what is
going wrong.

-- Eskil