I made a mistake when replying, so here is forwarded out-of-list
communication:

-------------

Hi Eskil,

very thanks for response.

Now I have started designer right way. Could you tell me some other thinks?

1.      what is "binpatch" used for?

2.      as I understood, libQt*.so.4, libcomm_trolltech*.so and other stuff
        in ./lib folder of 4.5 binary distribution are used only by designer
and
        maybe by lupdate,juic,lrelease stuff?

Now my "release" bash script looks like:

JAMBI=`pwd`/community-port-to-4_6
QT=`pwd`/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.6.0-beta1

rm -rf release
mkdir -p release/bin/
mkdir -p release/lib/
mkdir -p release/plugins/

cp $JAMBI/*.jar release
cp -a $JAMBI/plugins release
cp -a $JAMBI/lib/* release/lib
cp -a $QT/lib/* release/lib
cp $QT/bin/designer release/bin
cp $QT/bin/lupdate release/bin
cp $QT/bin/lrelease release/bin

and it seems to be working ...

Next I will split it into 2 parts - jambi "runtime" libs ( should be placed
into maven repository ), and "jambi-utils", which will contains
designer,l*,juic and will be packaged together with .so's as linux package.

Thanks for assistance.

--------

ext Dusan Zatkovsky skrev:
> Now I have started designer right way. Could you tell me some other thinks?
>
> 1.    what is "binpatch" used for?

Binpatch is used to create binaries for the evaluation packages. Since
we don't have those anymore, it is no longer needed. It should probably
just be deleted from the community repository.

> 2.    as I understood, libQt*.so.4, libcomm_trolltech*.so and other stuff
>       in ./lib folder of 4.5 binary distribution are used only by designer
and
>       maybe by lupdate,juic,lrelease stuff?

Yes, and also for the Eclipse Integration. Since designer etc. are not
Java applications, we couldn't rely on them unpacking the .jar file with
the libraries on startup, which is why the libraries have been
duplicated in the lib/ directory.

> Now my "release" bash script looks like:
>
> JAMBI=`pwd`/community-port-to-4_6
> QT=`pwd`/qt-everywhere-opensource-src-4.6.0-beta1
>
> rm -rf release
> mkdir -p release/bin/
> mkdir -p release/lib/
> mkdir -p release/plugins/
>
> cp $JAMBI/*.jar release
> cp -a $JAMBI/plugins release
> cp -a $JAMBI/lib/* release/lib
> cp -a $QT/lib/* release/lib

As an optimization, you might want to cut down on the number of
libraries here. Qt has a few libraries which are not used by any of the
tools, so they aren't needed in the lib/ directory. If you look at one
of our binary packages, you should see which libraries are required.
E.g. the WebKit library takes a lot of place and is not needed.

For Windows you'll also want the redistributable libraries for the
compiler you use.

And you probably also want the files from $QT/plugins into
release/plugins. Without e.g. the jpeg plugin, Qt Designer won't be able
to show jpeg files.

> Next I will split it into 2 parts - jambi "runtime" libs ( should be placed

The only thing required as "runtime libs" should be the .jar-files.

-- Eskil