On Thursday 14 of January 2010 08:50:13 Helge Fredriksen wrote:

> Hello, great to hear from you again!

Hi.

As I see, there is some 4.6 setup.exe on sf.net, so if its layout is "stable"
for now, I'll prepare my stuff to work with it and then I should release it.

Who is an author of that build? I need to talk to him to know what is
currently done with buildscripts and if it should be automated on some
buildserver ( maybe I should provide some ).

> If no-one else is willing to put up a release on Linux, I will do it, no
> problem.

If you do so, you will save me a lot of time.

> Can you commit your work on the designer, and maybe the release building
> script on the gitorious? If not, send it to me on my mail.

As I see, designer.bat is working on windows on current 4.6 release. For
windows users it is ok, but its opposite for linux ( designer.sh ) is not
very userfriendly, because it must be started from dir where qtjambi is
unpacked and doesn't pass its arguments to designer ( so you can't
register .jui file extension to open with it ).

But this is more less work than other, I should do it later. Of course, some
linux distributors did this work themselves on 4.5 ( ubuntu has its own
qtjambi 4.5 packages with "designer-qtjambi" binary somewhere
in /usr/local/bin ).

> > -   is it possible to split qtjambi to smaller jars ( core, gui, ... ) like
> > in c++?
>
> I guess this is a discussion for the long run.

Ok, no problem, I was asking because when you mavenize the jambi, it should
preserve some download traffic and disk space if you aren't using gui, sql
and so...

Now we should start with all-in-one maven "package".

> > -   original 4.5 sources are "chaotic", it need some rearrangement.
> >     It is hard to identify sources, generated sources and targets,
> > everything builds together in the same directories ( aaaargh ).
> >     Maybe this have been done by Francis currently, I don't know... (?)
>
> Francis was working hard on "tidying things up", hope he will join in
> again soon.
>
> Helge

Bye

--