Carol writes:
CITIZENS is the keyword here. Most American don't know this but in 1996-1997 a bill was passed that made ALIENS eligible for Medicaid. If these Aliens were refused Medicaid then we wouldn't have the shortage of monies in Medicaid.
Do you realize how many Non-Citizens are on Medicaid. This is where the problem is with Medicaid.
Any foreigner can come to the US and stay long past the time their work permit and Medicaid feels sorry for them and enrolls them, even at the cost of CITIZENS being denied benefits.
I didn't know these facts until recently and I read an article online about  it. I had no idea that you could be on Meidicaid and not be a citizen.
I had thought that Medicaid was set up for the Citizens of our great country. No wonder it is broke.
Carol in KY
That is why they rush our borders. They know our government system will give them FREE money.
Keith/c4c5/NJ