Sent: Sunday, May 08, 2005 2:11 AM
Subject: [QUAD-L] Re Medicare

Well re: Medicare being pushed on us...seems it is automatic after you've been disabled 2 years whether you want it or not. John did a lot better just having his High risk private pay Insurance thru the state of KY along with Medicaid than he does now with Medicare. Because everyone else follows Medicare rules.
Whe he didn't have Medicare he could get a lot more things and most of his prescriptions were just $1.00. Medicaid pays what the insurance Co. doesn't but now we have to go by what Medicare allows and there is a lot of stuff they won't pay for. And attendant care is one thing they DON'T pay for.
Carol