I  have had my Mom up here the last few weeks.  My brother commited suicide and it was really a stressful time.  I also have another brother who is bi polar in prison and my oldest brother is self absorbed and doesn't call or talk to anyone.

All that aside, my Mom is physically not doing well.  She is only 54 but has had a stroke on one side and broke her hip on the other side.  She can't get around very well and has a very hard time getting into my van.  I'm concerned about her when she gets older.  I’m the responsible one out of the kids and I have always thought that I could never let my parents go to a nursing home.  If her boyfriend goes before her or they split up, then I'm at a loss as to what I would do to help her.  I can't do anything for her and it eats me up.  When she had her stroke, I was the only one that flew down to Florida.  While I was there, I got her house in order by cleaning, organizing and making things easier for her.  Now that I'm in the chair, I cant do those things for her and it eats me up inside to think she'll end up in a nursing home.

Has anyone else had any thoughts like that?

Stacy