I have had a key made this way before.  Everyone needs to do this and pass it on to others.
Kathy
--- Begin Message ---

From: Celeste Taylor
Sent: Wednesday, April 26, 2006 5:30 AM
To: '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'; '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'; 'Alicia A Price'; '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'; 'Dana Shirley'; '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'; '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'; Libby Heflin; Terri Mowdy; Sasha Reid; Jennifer Chess; Anitra Conner; Sherry Arrington; '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'; Vickie Mckee
Subject: FW: IMPORTANT INFO ABOUT CAR THEFT

Celeste Taylor, RNC, CCM, CPUR

Director of Case Management

Regency Hospital of Meridian

1102 Constitution Avenue, 2nd Floor

Meridian, MS  39301

Phone: 601-484-7905

Cell:  601-938-0532

Fax:  601-485-6837

From: Paulette Davis
Sent: Monday, April 24, 2006 10:31 AM
To: Jones, Myesha; justine pessmeg; Joyce Giertz; Michelle Batzek; Celeste Taylor; Linda Corcoran; Emma Jones; Desiree McLaughlin; Debbie Catenazzo

From: tahouston [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, April 23, 2006 1:36 PM
To: Undisclosed-Recipient:;
Subject: IMPORTANT INFO ABOUT CAR THEFT

Subject: FW: Car theft - IMPORTANT!!

Here is info worth the price of your car. WHAT WILL THEY THINK OF NEXT?

Seems that car thieves have found yet another way to steal your car or

truck without any effort at all.

The car thieves peer through the windshield of your car or truck, write

down the VIN # from the label on the dash, go to the local car

dealership and request a duplicate key based on the VIN #.

My friend didn't believe this e-mail, so she called Chrysler-Dodge and

pretended she had lost her keys.  They told her to just bring in the VIN

#, and they would cut her one on the spot, and she could order the

keyless device if she wanted.

The Car Dealers Parts Department will make a duplicate key from the VIN

#, and >> collect > >> payment from the thief who will return to your

car.

He doesn't have to break in, do any damage to the vehicle, or draw

attention to himself.  All he has to do is walk up to your car, insert

the key and off he goes to a local Chop Shop with your vehicle.  You

don't believe it?

It IS that easy.

To avoid this from happening to you, simply put some tape (electrical

tape, duct tape or medical tape) across the VIN Metal Label located on

the dash board. By law, you cannot remove the VIN, but you can cover it

so it can't be viewed through the windshield by a car thief.  I urge you

to forward this to your friends before some other car thief steals

another car or truck.  I slipped a 3 x 5 card over the VIN NUMBER.

OKAY, MAYBE YOU DON'T DRIVE. IN THAT CASE PASS THIS INFORMATION ON TO

ALL YOUR FRIENDS.

--- End Message ---