Hi Gayle,

It;s nice to hear from you, but I do wish it were under better circumstances.  Friction can cause a wound to start, and once they get started you know how they can get.  Are you using any antiseptic/lubricant cream on your wound?  I'm sure you keep it clean but it may need something to allow the tissue to 'stretch' so it can heal.  I will keep you and your husband in my prayers.

With Love,

CtrlAltDel aka Dave
C4/5 Complete - 30 Years Post
Texas, USA

[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hello everyone,
     My name is Gayle, I am a c-5/c-6 quad, 8yrss. post. I have been lurking on the quad-list for several years now. I have only posted maybe two times, so Iam realitivly new to the list. It is hard for me to type, but good excercise for my arms. I  am fighting a sore in the crack of my butt. It has been there for 3yrs. now. The wound doctor at Shepherd Center say that it is not from pressure. I think it started when I was pulled across the bed with a draw sheet to turn me on my side. I believe the movement from my bowel program(DIGITAL STEM) causes it to stay open. I and my husband are so frustrated with it. We have tried everything. I don't consider surgery a option, because I do not handle being put to sleep well. Now after reading Stacy's post I am truly scared.
    I did my rehab at SHEPHED CENTER. It is a geat place. I have a baclophen pump that has made my life so much better. My husband is my caregiver. The company he worked for moved to Germany 2yrs. ago and he stays home with me. I was injured in a car arash, caused by a uninsured drunk driver. On impact my seatbelt broke and my airbag deployed breaking my neck at c2. I was paralyzed by a bleed in my spinal cord. I sued the car company and won a very large amount, which really helps with all the expenses of being a quad. My arm is tired so I must go for now, but I will be back!
sincerely,
Gayle
(48yrs. old)