If one believes in the goodness of God, then I don't see how they can believe
in Hell. I think I'm a relatively good person and having said that, I could
never send anyone to Hell where they would endure everlasting torture. Where is
the goodness in that? Are we not taught that God is all knowing and all loving
and forgives us of our sins? As Jesus said as he was dying on the cross
"Forgive them Father for they do not know what they do". He didn't say "Hey
Dad, send these bastards to Hell".

We are like children to God. Imagine that you are the parents of twin 4 year
old boys. They are playing at the top of a flight of stairs. One of them gets
angry with the other and pushes him down the flight of stairs knowing well that
the child will get hurt and the child dies. The surviving twin shows no remorse
since most 4 year olds haven't yet developed that capacity. Would you as their
parent/God send this child to Hell?

Dan V

At 03:18 PM 4/15/2007 -0400, Steve Oldaker said something that elicited my
response: