Hi Lori, thanks, just knowing there's another husband out there that is living
with a quad and enjoying life makes me feel better and that'll make my husband
feel better too.  My husband also has the attitude just do it!  The web site
may be helpful, but he kind of sounds like your husband when it comes to the
Internet, especially if it's 99% women.  But I'd like to look at it.  Thanks
for your help, Debbie

Lori Michaelson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:      v\:* {   BEHAVIOR: url
(#default#vml)  }      v\:* {   BEHAVIOR: url (#default#vml)  }
Yes, there is one online and I am subscribed to it.  I just looked all over as
to "how" I subscribed to it and can't find it but am sure that I will.  There
are a couple of others here (including Dave Kelmer) who are on the list.  Dave
is a quadriplegic himself and so am I.

  You had to have a good reason for subscribing but it sounds like you fall
into the same category as I do.  I have a home health aide coming in three
mornings three days a week and hire someone else to come in three days a week
for my commode routine and some domestic chores.

  My husband is not interested in these "online support groups" because he
thinks that there is too much whining and griping... LOL. And, for the most
part, men are just not much into e-mailing in forums like these.  Also, it is
made up of 99.5% women.  Husbands of us who are caregivers much of the time or
a lot of the time are very few and far between.

  We have been together for 9 1/2 or years and he did not think you would fall
into the caregiver role but fate ended up putting us there.  Does he like it?
Absolutely not and there are so many times that he is just "had it."  But he
knows, like many many other things that people thought they would never have to
do that go in and "just do it"... he goes by that rule.

  In fact, there is only one husband on the list that I am referring to
(possibly 2 but I have not seen him post in a long, long, long time) who lives
west of Corpus Christi, Texas.

  Probably Dave will respond before I do about this SCIC (spinal cord injury
caregiver) online forum similar to this one except for caregivers.

  Lori
C4/5 complete, 27 years post