From: RONALD L PRACHT [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2007 7:05 PM
To: quad-list@eskimo.com
Subject: [QUAD-L] family members helping

Hi Q gang,

Well ive been injured 9.5 years, will be 10 in January. My gf I had previous
to injury left 1.5 months post. After that people started falling off such
as aquaintences and good time friends. My mom bailed at just over the year
And after he got over the throwing my chair and pulling out his .357
contemplating suicide, he has done alright. I mean the way i look at it now
is a parent is only obligated for 18 years. I had the wreck and I either put
up with what I have or move elsewhere.

Some people have better deals than others but like we were told as children
life isnt fair. Thats why I think you cant really judge a spinal injured
persons accomplishments by a quick glimpse. Each of us have different
struggles and either choose or are forced to turn to other paths. There is
no cookie cutter method to rehab a spinal injury and get the maximum out of
them.

I think that spinal injury is a test of a persons stength, fortitude and
mental abilities far exceeding almost any challenge out there. What makes
being paralyzed so hard is that it is forever or for life, and thats serious
mind games on a person. I mean take for instance divorce, prewed pregnancy,
dwis and all the other accepted problems we have in out society...there are
easy to find help for and people dont get freaked by these probs. Then you
look at a spinal injury.......its a problem thats not well accepted or
understood.....this makes this very hard because you feel like your pretty
much alone. Thats what makes this list and other groups so valuable.

ron c7

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
9:54 AM

Checked by AVG Free Edition.