Gary,

I had standing therapy in the standing frame for a short  period of time (one
month, twice weekly) in order to prepare me for a walking  therapy.  I had to
be able to stand in the standing frame for at least 45  minutes without my
blood pressure plummeting before attempting to use the  walking machine.  This
was the extent of my standing therapy.

I'm happy to say that I succeeded in the standing frame and am  currently on
a walking machine called the Locomat _YouTube -  Locomat_
(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ryp5YavgO2g&feature=related)  I certainly hope
this will be a help
for me.

I have been in my wheelchair for nearly 3 years.  I do  not have
osteoporosis, but after being in the chair for so long, it was good to  try to
stand.

Naomi

C4-incomplete, quadriplegic since July 2005
due to Transverse  Myelitis

Home.