Hello again everyone !  I only had to spend 2 days in the hospital--- here is
my short story of the kinda bad experience...  the 1st night a nurse shot an
empty siringe of air into my stomach, then said oh my gosh I forgot to put the
heperin blood thinner in there. That kinda scared me but they said it would not
hurt me. Then the same nurse was told to draw 2 large vials of blood for tests
and 2 small vials--- well half thru she said oh my gosh hand on don't move... I
forgot all the vials, and ran from the room,, then returned with more vials
saying I'm so sorry all this is happening because i'm a very competent nurse. (
Me and my wife were getting scared and was not sure she was competent ! )  lol
  Then later the next shift nurse put in an IV for antibiotics and it blew my
vein that night causing my arm to swell up very large and could not get a vein
to work in my other arm after 3 or 4 tries.  So then they let me just stay
overnight, without any fluids or antibiotics
 and said  they were giving me a PICC LINE the next day.  Well they gave me a
zanex to make me relaxed and the Lady came in and put the picc line in so
easily with NO PROBLEMS ! I did'nt even feel a thing !  Thanks!!! to all who
gave me  advice about the PICC line--- A home care nurse came today and taught
my wife how to give the antibiotics- flush and Etc. and we just finished  our
1st home treatment.........man it is so nice this way and probably safer than
in the hospital with careless nurses. -- Thanks Again all !  now I will not be
so scared of a picc line in the  future.

     Dan H.  C-6  St.Louis, Mo.