From: Lori Michaelson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Saturday, April 05, 2008 5:51 PM
To: quad-list@eskimo.com
Subject: [QUAD-L] MRSA

Lots of people say they have had it or are carriers.  The reason it is
called methiline-resistant is because it is resistant to ALL antibiotics.
And that is also why it is called the superbug.  If someone was told that
they had MRSA and was given an antibiotic and it took care of it... it had
to be an infection of another sort.  MRSA is resistant to all the
antibiotics on the market today.  That is WHY it is such a huge concern.

But if a lay person is unable to read their own lab reports, etc. (which is
most people)... doctors can tell their patients anything and most of the
time people believe them.

Truthfully... I don't think doctors want to start a panic so that is why
they tell patients what they do.  Or they are required by law to say this or
that not to start a panic.

Lori Michaelson
Age - 43
C4/5 complete quad, 28 years post