have you tried Mandelamine? You should drink a lot and for it to really work,
take vitamin C untill your urine becomes as acidic as your doctor thinks it
should be with that dosage of Mandelamine.
It is great against persistent bacterial infections. As it leaves your kidneys
it turns to formaldehyde.
You should take it the same time each day and never stop unless your doctor
says to. Only take it if your doctor agrees. It is not an anti-biotic but if
you suddenly stop taking it or take it off and on you may create hard to kill
bacteria. It can be gotten in the mail without a script. I use to have an
indwelling cath and I wouldn't consider not taking something to deal with the
oncoming infections. If you take acidophylus you reduce your chances of getting
diarrhea or constipation related to drugs and anti-biotics. Acidophylus and
other pro-biotics will help by out eating the bad bacteria and killing or
keeping it in control.
If your attaching an indwelling catheter to a bed bag, clamp the catheter
closed while the bag is lifted higher than the connection to you. Anything in
the bag line can run back into your bladder giving you an instant infection.
Less than a drop is more than enough. For some reason, the bags have an
anti-backflow valve at the wrong end of the line.
There use to be an anti-infective solution that was used to flush the bladder
each day. I can't seem to find it or remember its name. You may want to bring
it up with your Urologist.
It is important to fight infections in ways that do not create superbugs or
reduce the efficacy of drugs used on superbugs. Don't get too freaked out about
infections because if you have an indwelling catheter for a week, you have an
infection. Reducing the infection to one you can live with is possible.
Always use sterile technique and hope for a relative to change the catheter.
(better the germs you know) The agency nurses are often not sterile and just
dropped off a load of bacteria from everyone they have visited for the last
week.
I'm sure others have ideas to reduce reccurant infections.

best wishes
john