Thanks John for summing that up regarding Mandelamine.  My time at the
computer is very limited these days.
One more thing (in case someone missed it) about a couple of posts I made
here whereby I could not get my urine acidic no matter what I did.  If I
wanted to try Mandelamine for example.  In the article whereby I found that
your urine needs to be acidic (ideally a '6' on the urinalysis test
strip) for Mandelamine to work -- *it also said* to limit your potassium
intake to lower your urine pH.  I had been eating a banana a day and that
was just enough to keep my urine always above a '7.5' on the urinalysis test
strip.

I stopped eating bananas and wala!  Doctors don't know everything but I feel
that my urologist should have known how big a part potassium plays with the
urinary system and therefore asked me if I was taking in a lot of potassium.

One more example of how the Internet (and myself) solved many a problem for
me when doctors have failed.

Lori Michaelson
Age - 44
C4/5 complete quad, 29 years post