I drive a full-size Ford E-150 modified with a "Scott" system, by Driving
Systems, Inc., (dSi) in Anaheim, CA. (www.drivingsystems.com)  It has some
benefits that can overcome some of the obstacles to driving that some quads
have.

On the positive side:
    a) it truly IS built to fit the quad driver.  dSi buys their vans from Ford
with no steering system... then they install theirs to fit.
    b) the steering effort can be very close to "zero-effort" as can the
push-pull gas-brake system,
    c) steering and gas/brake are done with the same hand (not quite like a
joystick, but not not like one either),
    d) it is built to fit the driver and gas/brake/steering effort (force
required) can be adjusted almost as needed, and
    e) it's mechanical and Electrical --- NOT Electronic -- so fewer failures
and easier to fix!  Machanical breaks are much easier for anyone to deal with.
Electronic is usually a specialty to that particular  system and only THEY can
do the re-working or troubleshooting.

Down sides:
    a) it's sensitive... sometimes too sensitive for AB Folk to feel confident
with,
    b) it looks intimidating... like a regular driver might look and think,
"geez, it's like a cockpit,"
    c) the two above make it hard to convince garages to work with it even
though it's "just a van,"
    d) if it needs any major work on the system that can't be done at a local
place, it has to either:
         1)  go to CA to be fixed (maybe you too to try it out!), or
         2)  one of the shop guys flies to you with his tools, stays at a motel
and rents a do-it-yerself fix-it-up garage bay.
         (Either way can be both expensive and a paion in the butt
inconvenience.)
   and finally
    e) unless an Able-Bodied person drives it on occasion to stay comfortable
with it, YOU end up as the designated driver for every trip, long or short, no
matter what the reason for driving is.  (Makes long road trips tougher when
you're the only driver and you have a weaker than normal arm, or shorter
sitting tolerance.

For me, it has most definitely been worth it though.  Being able to drive has
just opened SO MANY possibilities and led to such an amazing feeling of (and
REAL) independence in certain areas of my life.

I have always had a used van.  These vans are mostly found in western states
because there aren't places that deal with them anywhere except for the shop
itself in Anaheim.  So that means there are far fewer driving trainers familiar
with it in the east, too.  I bought my first from one from a guy in Phoenix in
'94.  That van was an '82 with awful gas mileage (like 7 mpg in town, 11-12
highway!).  Two and a half years ago I got another... a 2001 this time.  Much
better!

And I learned enough about how it worked that I could tell the guys at my local
Gimp-Van Shop how to adjust it for me.  (The first time I had to fly to CA and
have the original guys do the work.)  Now, any garage that has questions can
call the guys in CA and they are happy to explain to anybody, free-of-charge,
how to fix whatever the problem is -OR- how to figure out what the problem, is
in the first place.

So... that's all I can add.

Good luck.  Talk wiuth ya later!

Best!