Hi Greg,

I don't know if this is true nationwide (I'm told it is but not certain) but
Apria, itself, isn't doing DMEs and DME repair and ordering anymore.  It
changed its service in the past year.  They've gone just toward oxygen
supplies, tanks, delivery systems, etc.  I know that's true here in Tucson, AZ
and I think the rest of AZ, as well.

The ones contracted by Apria for DMEs and such is United Seating and Mobility.
And my several experiences with them here this past year is this:  If you
didn't like Apria, these folks will make you wish for insanity as a better
option!

Speaking just for the my local branch, they're slow to get, verify and/or
request authorizations, they require more paperwork than anyone I've ever dealt
with, I've had trouble getting them to remove an old insurer from my files (so
my pre-auths or claims come back denied because they ask the wrong insurance
company!), and once they finally get thing straight it takes forever for them
to put it all together correctly so it can be resubmitted.  Instead of calling
me when something doesn't show up correctly at their end they wait until I'm
soooo sick of waiting that I call them... then they alway say, "Oh, I was just
going to call you today!" (I've heard THAT 3 times since Sept. just for new
armrest pads that I still haven't received!)

As slow as they are, I'm afraid to give them my chair for a day for a job that
should take an hour.  Somettimes they want the chair for things anyone else
would do while I'm sitting it it (like changing a joystick).  Instead, I pick
up the parts and pay another company privately to do the work.  At least I know
I'll still have my chair the next day!

Again, as for my local branch, when it comes to chair repairs and such it just
so happens they employ someone who has been "let go" by any other major dealer
in the area because of lousy work and customer complaints.

So, if you go Apria, be careful they haven't made the switch to United Seating
and Mobility or aren't prepping to do so.  And if they are I can only hope for
you that they aren't as bad as my local one and a few others I've heard about.

Good luck!
--Tod