Yeah, Dave... I know switching chairs and going manual is always an option but
I just can't tolerate that immediate loss of independence.  Things as simple as
turning to talk directly to someone's face in a kitchen when they've moved from
the table to the sink, walked out of the room for a moment, etc.  I *HAVE* to
be able to do what I want, when I want as much as my exterior environment will
allow.  I know my power chair has limits and I've learned to live with that...
but please don't limit me further.  I'd rather skip a visit than be so
immobililzed!!

I'm glad some can tolerate it.  It does give them much more freedom in many
ways.  For me, and my family completely understands (thank God), it's just that
small loss of even more control of what I do, where I go and to what extent I
can move that I can't handle (in my mind... my psyche).

Best to ya!  And a happy 2010!
--Tod