I've had some encounters with rude people, but not to that extent. The
worst I've had is a lady berated me for not thinking her immediately and
profusely for opening the door. What she didn't know was that I was trying
to concentrate on not hitting her on the way by. I was just about to thank
her when she started grilling me.

There are a few bad apples in wheelchairs which do have a trickle down and
have an impact. I understand these guys want to try to do as much as
possible by yourself, but there is an easy way to say I usually like to do
that for myself, but thank you.

I have people offer to help me get into my van all the time and I usually
try to say now I'm doing okay thank you very much, though.

It is amazing.