When you're a quad, you don't have muscles contracting forcing blood back to your heart.  This causes blood to pool in your legs (and can cause your feet to turn purple as somebody mentioned) requiring compression stockings.  So, your body is sensitive to any shifting of blood.  When you eat, blood naturally starts shifting to your stomach and intestines causing you to get light headed.  Some things to try that help me are reclining in my chair, having someone lift my legs, and drinking some water.