      From: Billy Lang <blan...@icloud.com>
 To: DEBRA DEW <n14...@hotmail.com>
Cc: quad-list <quad-list@eskimo.com>
 Sent: Saturday, November 4, 2017 10:45 AM
 Subject: [QUAD-L] Re: [QUAD-L] Problems with Dragon NaturallySpeaking 13… I
just had to reinstall 12.5

Guys,
I’m a little late answering this post because I was hospitalized for a while.
I’m better now so here goes:Nuance as the company has turned the corner from
being the premier voice software to becoming a mega marketing platform. None of
the speech products are up to production code. Personally I am using voice for
Mac professional and over the last 6 months I’ve had at least 700 crashes. He
version 5 of the program was so bad • that they had pull it back from
production. That did not mean giving everyone their money back and just put out
a version 6 and charge everyone $249 for an upgrade. That upgrade was
unintelligible until version 6.02, which only crashed every 30 minutes.
It wasn’t merely time-consuming going from release to release but it meant
training and retraining every version that came out. I am currently running
6.07 and it does not crash as much as long as I do not have too many things on
the screen at the same time. It seems that Dragon must keep its eye on every
button, link or words in its memory in order to navigate properly.
You are not the only one who has mistakingly upgraded their equipment due to
Nuance malfeasance. Their user forum, once a place to solve problems or share
experiences just mysteriously closed down when user population use the forum
for nothing but suing Nuance for false advertising and loss hours of production.
This was not the only people who are buying $300-$400 one time boxes. The
lawyers and doctors who pay thousands of dollars to build the practices upon
which recognition of also lost out.
The competition is starting to squeeze Nuance out on the voice recognition
arena.  Programs like Siri and Alexa are already composing messages small
emails. Ready for prime time voice recognition for the desktop is almost here.
Patients and don’t buy any more hardware if you suspect it will make Nuance any
better.

 Billy