Hello all,

I've had 2 headsets in the last 15 years, and both of them came with my
Dragon NaturallySpeaking software, I think you can get them from Dragon for
about $25 but I'm not sure on that. I use a telescoping rod that attaches
to a shelf on my desk, I've had it so long I'm not sure where I got it. I
hang the headset on the end of the rod, and position it so I can drive up
next to it when using the computer. I too, do not use the speaker part of
the headset and everything goes through my computer speakers.
When I purchased my last computer, I also purchased a cheap microphone ($7
at the time) from Amazon (link is below). I tried it on the new computer
and it seemed to work fine, but I chose to use my old headset because it
just works for me. Although, with my situation I'm lucky enough to be in my
own home.
Randy

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0028Y4DCC/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o07_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1