A few years ago I decided to try marijuana for pain. Went to a doctor
to have it prescribed, applied to the state of New Mexico for a
medical marijuana card, tried a dozen different strains. Some high in
THC, others with very little. All of them helped with insomnia, but
none of them did anything for pain. As for spasms, the effect I felt
was much stronger than any of the prescription medications I've tried,
baclofen and Valium. It wasn't something I could take in the morning
and still function in any way. If you do decide to give it a try,
strongly suggest a small dose at first. I used a battery-powered
vaporizer.