Hi,

I have a 6214CD that I just upgraded from 7.6 to 8.1. I have a 2400 printer
and the system always reports that there's a problem communicating with the
printer with I try to print. As far as I know, the printer is ok...I think I
tested it a while back on another machine. The 2400 in the chooser is set to
the printer port but for some reason the chooser also claims <no modem> in
the list of ports. But, I have a GV platinum which dials just fine using the
modem port.

Now the weird thing is in the modem control panel, you choose the port as
well...and what I see is

modem port
modem port
printer port

Yup...2 modem ports in the list, and this is a stock 6214 with only one
port.

I've tried ditching the modem (and finder) prefs but that didn't help.
Rebooted with pram zap too. Hmmm...haven't tried a desktop rebuild yet
though. Any other thoughts?

--ginger