On Thursday, April 11, 2002, at 02:08 PM, the pickle wrote:

> At 00:06 -0800 on 11/04/02, Terry Graham wrote:
>
>> Are the harnesses and plugs lying in my empty Centris 610 bay
>> as readily (workably) plugged into a hard drive as to a CD ROM?
>
> SCSI is SCSI, man.

Translates to 'Yes'.

>> Is a newly acquired Hewlet Packard 4020i - model C4324.
>> "Compact disc Recordable" drive connectable to afore-mentioned
>> harnasses in the 610 as well?

> If it's SCSI, yes.

...man... ;)

>> If I had the 747 in the center bay could I then mount 2 drives?
>
> In theory, yes.  But that 7200 RPM drive is going to overheat pretty
> fast
> without a lot of air circulating around it.

That is true. I did look the spec for the Grand Prix up on Maxtor's site
and it is supposed to be a quiet drive. Have you actually spun it up yet?

> I wouldn't worry so much about PSU capacity.

In a 610 it shouldn't be an issue, I was more worried about him popping
the fuse on his LC475 :).

--

Mark Benson

Vintage Macs List Nanny
aka
        silicon_valley_pirate_uk (Yahoo! Messenger)
        SilValleyPirate (AOL Instant Messenger)
Visit Flat Pack Macs Online at:
<http://fpm.gotdns.com>
Macintosh LC central