Quadraphiles:

Quoth the pickle:

> >I am wondering two things: Can anyone explain why the increased processor
> >speed would create instability?
>
> Do you have any software at all for the accelerator installed?

I have no software for the Overdrive installed presently. I found a "VSO
Quadra 950" Control Panel on an old Newer site, which was supposed to set the
speed of the Overdrive, but it didn't have any effect on the speed, as
measured by ASP, TTP, or Speedometer. Furthermore, I had all kinds of problems
with Finder and System file corruption which seemed to result from my attempts
to use that CP.

> Here's a thought, though - what if you use the 040 Cache Switch control
> panel to set the "More Compatible" setting?

I tried that, and the machine became slower than molasses: noticably slower
than even the stock 33 mHz CPU.

If it's any help, when my browsers quit and I get an error, its a type 1 or 3 error.

On a further note, I've now swappped out all my 70 ns RAM for 60 ns RAM. I'll
see what difference that makes. (OS 7.6.1) 208 MB RAM).

Any other thoughts?

Thanks,

Rob Johansen