At 19:15 -0400 on 13/05/02, Robert J. Johansen wrote:

>I'm on my parish school's LAN, so it's quasi-broadband. The school's supposed
>to have a T-1 connection, and I know that Internet on the school's Windows
>boxes (P-II and III, mostly) is quite zippy. But my experience with iCab is
>that it is more stable, but slower at rendering images, than either Netscape
>Comm. 4.07, Nav. 4.08. or IE 3.01. I do have iCab's cache on a RAM disk. I
>also tried allowing multiple connections on iCab, but that led to instability.

Mutiple connections are off, but cache is on the HD.  That's the biggest
difference I've seen between the 650 and my G3/266, and my G3/266 also has
the cache on a RAM disk.  If I turn that off, the difference between the
two almost disappears.

the pickle

FAQ <http://macfaq.org/index.shtml>

Software Archive
<ftp://download:[EMAIL PROTECTED]//Users/thepickl/Sites/Archive/>
<http://www.members.jmug.org/%7Ethepickl/archive/>