Rob <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

    You must have made a typo when you typed "SPAV handles
    8-bit color and the SPAV handles 24-bit color".

You got it right, Rob, and I got it wrong. The SPRO does 24-bit.

    I assumed that the Spigot Pro AV was in the market
    before the Spigot Power AV due to the fact that the
    840av was in the market before the Nubus Power Mac AV's.
    But I didn't buy either one when they were new... I
    assumed that the Spigot Power AV (Mark Benson mentioned
    it by name) was what Radius called the Spigot Pro AV
    once they added the cable.

SPAV led SPRO to the market, and by the time the SPRO appeared for about
$1000 it was soon abandoned by Radius which went through a corporate
reorg. They left the SPAV and the SPRO on our doorsteps, like abandoned
babies.

Treat your baby good!
--
Michael Emery