At 02:42 AM 2/2/2003, R & I Barclay typed thusly:

>Can anyone help me, please?  I was surfing Mac stuff the other day & came
>across a site that gave a pictorial guide to opening a Quadra 800 case &
>accessing the motherboard.  Stupidly I didn't bookmark the site & now I'm
>blessed if I can find it!   Could anyone who knows please tell me.

Outside of service manuals (is this in PDF format?) I don't know of any
outside Gamba's site... but the case isn't that hard to get.

1. Undo four thumbscrews on back.
2. Pull case towards the front and then up.
3. Unhook connectors from top edge of board.
4. Unscrew the center screw in the plastic "frame" on the board.
5. Pull board toward the front of the case (about 1/2 inch, IIRC.) One of
the top "slots" the board rests in will have to be pulled up slightly (it's
basically a clip.) Lift, tilt, you're out.

Putting it *in* is a bit more of a pain, since you have to line everything
up right or it doesn't fit properly at all. I never get *that* right on the
first try. (Yes, I seem to have these memorized, thanks to a finicky Q840AV.)

Yet it's easier to deal with than a 7100's case.