AppleWorks scrolls slower in Page View, and when
scrolling down quickly in a document, it is kind of
distracting to see that grey skip at the bottom of
every page. Word is quicker cux it does not do
this---by default, page view is off. Same with
Tex-Edit and BB Edit.

I don't really wanna use Microsoft, but why can't
Apple let me choose how to open documents? And why put
a command on the menu that is always unavailable?
Makes no sense.