stew wrote:

Aloha List, Anyone here using a high speed connection with your Quadra? I tried copying the IP, subnet, router settings from my other computer but can't seem to connect. I don't know what else I need to do. Can someone give me a run down of what needs to be done and perhaps what kind of software may be required to do this. tia -stew

G'day stew.

With out writing to much there are several things you may require to do for cable.
Firstly when swapping the modem from one machine to the other always unplug the
power to the modem so it can read the new MAC address from the different
ethernet card otherwise you'll have no luck regardless.
Secondly, if your connection requires a ip supplied machine name and uses dhcp
then you may get by either naming the mac as the suppied machine name in the
filesharing CP and using the last address as a static address in open transports
 TP/IP CP. The other solution would be to get a mac that does 8.6 which uses
OT2.0.x which fixes the dhcp problem, hardly a fix for a unaccelerated quadra.

Have you any more info about your connection type rather than me rambling on
about what you may have.

Cheers