thanks for the replies chaps - interesting to read about your experiences...

anyone know how many xtreme owners their are?  (and how many are on here!)

I know they are more pricey, but I am tempted by the AVON C500 - the
caterham designed job.. the only thing is that the profile is 195/45 rather
than /50 - which will mean more revs to do the same speed - not sure if i
want that in the v8 !

cheers, Chris