To: <quantumowners@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2017 8:52 AM
Subject: Re: [Quantum Owners]resizing rear window

Is the car a Mk1 coupe or a Mk2 saloon ?

The windscreen on a Mk1 Fiesta is a different size (bigger) to the Mk2
Fiesta.
With there matching different size rubbers they fit in the same size
opening.
It may well be that the rear screen is the same.
So a Mk2 Fiesta rear screen might be a better fit.

I couldn't get a new Mk2 rear screen to fit back into my Mk2 Saloon without
cutting the bottom off the rubber 'T' trim, the glass was too close a fit to
the opening.

As others have said you almost certainly won't get away with cutting the
glass.

A diamond disc in an angle grinder might let you grind a small amount  off
the edge but would be very risky.
Maybe experiment on an old window first.

I believe they do grind the holes through toughened glass for opening rear
windows etc.

Jim

-----Original Message----- From: Hans Defauwes