I have had an extremely unsavoury exchange with Adrian Flux today regarding
cancelling my Quantum Insurance.

 I'm trying to cancel 6 months through a policy and I'm paying for it
monthly. They've told me that the only way I can cancel is by paying the
entire remaining 6 months of the policy upfront. I argued that if they
aren't providing a service they can't possibly charge for it. They reason
this is because the policy and the payment for the policy are completely
unconnected. The "credit agreement" is unconnected to the policy and simply
has to be paid no matter what irrespective of what happens to the actual
policy. This seems fairly insane to me. The extremely - extremely rude and
aggressive person at Adrian Flux told me that it was explained when I took
the policy out that I wasn't entitled to any refund; I said I didn't want
any refund I just wanted to cancel the policy. She said this actually meant
a refund from the total amount of credit I had taken out irrespective of
what happens.
She then, when not shouting over me tried to explain my consumer rights and
advised "strongly" against complaining to the FSA or Ombudsman as it would
be a "waste of time". Effectively this means I can't cancel the insurance
on my Quantum, leaving it impossible for anyone else to insure it.
I may be being a bit naïve here but I have never, ever, heard of a credit
agreement for insurance operating in this way. Is it just me or does that
sound completely bonkers?

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/quantumowners/c3a6ca63-83b3-49df-855f-8a875574522d%40googlegroups.com.