  From: Niall McCracken
  To: Quantum Owners Group
  Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2019 7:43 PM
  Subject: [Quantum Owners] Adrian Flux...

  I have had an extremely unsavoury exchange with Adrian Flux today regarding
cancelling my Quantum Insurance.

   I'm trying to cancel 6 months through a policy and I'm paying for it
monthly. They've told me that the only way I can cancel is by paying the entire
remaining 6 months of the policy upfront. I argued that if they aren't
providing a service they can't possibly charge for it. They reason this is
because the policy and the payment for the policy are completely unconnected.
The "credit agreement" is unconnected to the policy and simply has to be paid
no matter what irrespective of what happens to the actual policy. This seems
fairly insane to me. The extremely - extremely rude and aggressive person at
Adrian Flux told me that it was explained when I took the policy out that I
wasn't entitled to any refund; I said I didn't want any refund I just wanted to
cancel the policy. She said this actually meant a refund from the total amount
of credit I had taken out irrespective of what happens.
  She then, when not shouting over me tried to explain my consumer rights and
advised "strongly" against complaining to the FSA or Ombudsman as it would be a
"waste of time". Effectively this means I can't cancel the insurance on my
Quantum, leaving it impossible for anyone else to insure it.

  I may be being a bit naïve here but I have never, ever, heard of a credit
agreement for insurance operating in this way. Is it just me or does that sound
completely bonkers?

email to quantumowners+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/quantumowners/c3a6ca63-83b3-49df-855f-8a875574522d%40googlegroups.com.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/quantumowners/AF8FE72D031E42DCBF71314BD77CAAB2%40computer.