Hi James.

I know your car is a 1600 so I'm guessing it's XR2 based with vented discs.
My early build manual for the 2+2 says to use 17.5mm cylinders (OE number
1630360). These would normally be fitted to non-XR2 Fiestas with rear brake
compensators.

The 2+2 manual also says to use the rear compensators with these cylinders.
As I started building mine before the manual came out and was working from
the Saloon manual, I never fitted the compensators but I still use the
17.5mm cylinders.

So, if you've vented discs at the front, use 17.5mm cylinders at the back,
with or without the rear compensators.

As far as I'm aware Ferrodo are still fine, I usually get my brakes from
Halfords or Exhausts Unlimited and haven't had any problems.
Discs - a quick look on E-bay came up with Mintex and QH discs for less
than £30 a pair and Burton Power do a pair for £36 + postage.

As for the switch problem, sorry, I can't help. I have a 24" 'Breaker' bar
and a single hex, double depth socket, so when I changed my switch, it
didn't resist for long!
For it's replacement, look for a switch with a 103-98 degree range (or
there about). I fitted the (supposedly also correct) 95-88 one and it's too
low with an 88 degree thermostat.

Regards
Dave English
Q2-009