From: quantumowners@googlegroups.com <quantumowners@googlegroups.com> On Behalf
Of Ken Needham
Sent: Monday, July 17, 2023 4:10 PM
To: Quantum Owners Group <quantumowners@googlegroups.com>
Subject: [Quantum Owners] Re: ULEZ compliant?

I am currently going through a DVLA issue that sort of relates to the point you
are raising. I recently took my 1969 Lotus for an MOT  but the garage that has
been MoTing the car for over 30 years now tells me that it failed on emissions.
Due to a "Chassis" change in '78 the DVLA insisted it be re registered so it
now has a T plate. The V5 does state "first registered as 1978 but also
contains a note saying it was "first used in 1969"

The document that the MoT Tester is presented with simply states "First
Registered date"
as 1978 so he tested it as a "78 car.

I see that the MoT Manual tabulates the emissions requirements as to when the
vehicle was "first used" but pointing this out to the tester did not change his
mind.

I have complained to the DVLA and await full outcome.

The vehicle VIN plate seems to be the item to settle any argument but the
administration path is arduous and requires a certificate from the manufacturer
showing when the vehicle was made based on the VIN.

Another gotchya is the need for an Mot  for vehicles over 40 years old. Kit
cars threw a spanner in this aspect resulting in the DVLA coming out with a
points scheme. To be listed as an Historic vehicle the vehicle must be made up
of mainly original components. Any variation alters the points status and may
subsequently require the vehicle to be MoTed. This is a very messy area and can
result in very complex arguments

Quantum 2+2 saloon  Q plate!