On 06/15/2017 10:59 AM,
rmjiyz...@use.startmail.com wrote:
> It seems irresponsible to offer 3.2 as the latest stable version. It
> is outdated, since it was released there were many critical
> vulnerabilities in templates (apt bug for Debian-based templates),
> Fedora 23 is not supported anymore, and there were even critical Xen
> vulnerabilities that affect Qubes OS. All the templates and dom0 is
> vulnerable.
>
> Installing 3.2 now could easily lead to compromised dom0. If I am
> wrong, please correct me.
>
> I think 3.3 or 3.2.1 should be released before 4.0, probably 3.2.1 to
> make it clear this is just a security and template update and doesn't
> add any features.

There will be one, but right now, it's being held up by kernel 4.9
testing, plus Debian 9 is coming out in two days and Whonix 14 probably
shortly after, so might as well wait for those to stabilize before
generating a new official ISO.

You can always make your own custom ISO with qubes-builder at any time,
though. If it works, it'll build an ISO with all of the latest packages.
We're still stuck with FC23 in dom0 though, although you could attempt
to build an ISO that uses FC24 or FC25 in dom0; some people have. It's
unsupported though and you're on your own when it comes to compiling
Qubes updates for dom0 afterwards.