On Friday, 12 January 2018 11:21:27 GMT 'awokd' via qubes-devel wrote:
> Securing this sounds hard,

My thinking is that using something like git controls setting files
executables bits, serverside. So you can't magically get a new executable
scripts in your homedir.
Next its pretty easy to write a convert app that scans config files for non-
ASCII content and maybe something like pointing to non-local paths (HTTP
etc).

As such I figured this seals off any attack vector as the *only* thing you
will let in are plain-text files with non-executable payload.

Do you see any other attack vectors?

> but could the existing update proxy system be
> utilized for this?

Possibly, at minimum the qrexec communication channel should be the same and
the reason I suggested gitolite is because there is no reason to try and re-
invent all the tech that already exists.
Specifically; synchronizing n editable copies of a file (where n > 2) is non-
trivial and git solved it. Why not use that. :-)
--
Tom Zander
Blog: https://zander.github.io