Sorry. Didn't get you were talking about architectural changes.

On my side, I deploy salt formulas from this project I decided to start
contributing to in the goal of facilitating deployment.

It implies that you run your git environment and do the development in a
specific VM, and syn your changes on dom0 from it before deployment.

https://github.com/SkypLabs/my-qubes-os-formula/blob/master/copy-from-vm-to-dom0.sh